1. What Information We Collect
The information we collect on our Website and through the use of our Services generally falls into the following two categories: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. If we do combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include, for example, your name, e-mail address and phone number. We may request Personally Identifiable Information to fulfill your order requests, respond to inquiries, and communicate with you about our products or services or topics that may be of interest to you. Personally Identifiable Information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which ARKWEAR or its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents maintain facilities.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. The non-personally identifiable data we collect when you visit our Website may include: the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the Web site that you came from before visiting our Website, which pages you visit on our Website, which URL you go to next, which browser you used to come to our Website, your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and any search terms entered on our Website. Specifically, we may collect the following types of information from our users:
Email Address or Other Contact Information
When you make a purchase, you will provide information that could be personally identifiable information, such as your email address, full name, and address and payment information. We use this information to fulfill your order. We may also use your contact information to send you communications relating to your purchases, information about our Products, Services or our Site, or information about topics that may be of interest to you, like wildlife conservation. You may also choose to provide your email address to us so that you can be placed on our newsletter mailing list. Your email address may also serve as your username/login name so that your preferences can be saved for future visits.
Metrics and Performance Statistics:
ARKWEAR may collect and track metrics and performance statistics relating to use of the Services and the Site, and ARKWEAR may use these metrics and statistics to generate analytics. These metrics and analytics may be used by ARKWEAR to improve their websites and services and to conduct market or statistical research. Generally speaking, your personal information will not be combined with this anonymous and aggregated data. If these metrics, statistics and analytics are made available to ARKWEAR's third party partners or affiliates, they will only be shared in aggregate and anonymous form.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
ARKWEAR may automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services or the Site, including your IP address and cookie information. This information may be used for service functionality, to help us understand how users access a websites, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services or the Site and for other similar purposes.
2. How We Collect and Use Information
About You We collect personally identifiable information, such as email address, billing information and contact information, only when you provide it to us. If you do not wish for your personally identifiable information to be used or collected, please do not submit it to us or make purchases on the Site.
As discussed above, our web servers may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, including the web page from which a visitor enters our Site, which pages a visitor visits on our Site, and on some Site, how much time a visitor spends on each page. We aggregate this information and use it to evaluate and improve our Site and Services and use the information for market research purposes, including for our third party sponsors/partners.
Our primary use of information from and about you is to interact with you regarding our Products, Site and Services, including to:
- fulfill purchase orders and communication with you regarding your purchases or other inquiries you may have about our Products or Services;
- communicate with you regarding our Products or Services, including for marketing and promotional purposes for our own Products or Services, or to provide with you other information that may be of interest to you (for example, information relating to wildlife conservation and our mission);
- provide you with the all features and functions of the Site and the Services and understand the way you use our Site;
- improve our existing Products and Services and the content of our Site;
- provide all visitors a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our Site and/or Services.
We may also use non-personally identifiable information on an aggregated and anonymous basis to analyze customer behavior and to help us understand how visitors use our Site and Services and to measure interest in the various pages. We may use this information to gather statistical information, improve the content of our Site, to make our Site easier to use, to provide information and statistics to our research partners, and to customize our advertising.
We may also use information relating to use of the Site and the Services on an anonymous and aggregate basis for research purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to develop new products or services. When your information is used for such purposes it will be used anonymously and will not be tied to your personally identifiable information.
We may use Personally Identifiable Information to communicate with you about your purchases or the Site and Services, to provide you with marketing and promotional information that we believe may be of interest to you, and for customer service purposes.
We will not provide your personal contact information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect personally identifiable information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
4. Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site or Services such as sending emails, processing credit card payments, and fulfilling customer service requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf.
- With Business Partners/Sponsors: We may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you certain products, services, and promotions. Your information will only be provided to our partners/sponsors on an anonymous and aggregate basis unless we obtain your explicit consent to share your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in the following circumstances:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site' terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavor to contact you in the event of any of these transactions, but we do not promise to do so.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent to do so.
5. How to Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected or stored, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to correct or remove your information from our records, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Special Notification for California Residents
If you reside in California and you have provided us with personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at email@example.com. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any) for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this paragraph.
7. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
The Site are not directed at and should not be used by children under the age of 13 without express permission and supervision or oversight by a legal guardian or responsible adult. We support and comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). ARKWEAR does not solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. By making a purchase or creating an account, Users represent and warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
8. Links to Third Party Sites
9. Policy Changes
To improve the services it can offer you, ARKWEAR may opt to expand its capabilities for obtaining information about users in the future. ARKWEAR will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online on through ours Site and Services, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before using our Site or Services.
10. Questions or Feedback
Effective Date: April 1, 2016